The below list of PMP® certification online courses will help you obtain the required 35 contact hours by the Project Management Institute which qualifies you for the PMP® education requirement.
Remember, as with all courses, you should choose your PMP® certification online training based on a list of criteria so you can get the best bang for you buck. Why spend a couple hundred dollars for weak and generic course material? Below we’ve provided a list of criteria that you can use when searching for a good course:
- 35 Contact Hour Certificate – An absolute must have for any course. The 35 contact hours is one of the requirements to sit for the PMP exam. All the courses listed below will provide you with the required 35 contact hours.
- Total Cost – This shouldn’t be your deciding factor but because the courses listed below range from as low as $39 to over $300. The quality of the PMP® training course is the most important factor which will help you pass the PMP® exam. Remember, the retake cost of the PMP® exam is currently $275 so don’t save a few bucks on the training material.
- Refund Policy – If you’re not satisfied and the course doesn’t offer a refund, you’re out the cost of the course. If the course or material offers a refund, that a sign they provide high quality content and material while standing firmly behind their product.
- Quality – Always make sure to use a quality PMP® training course that was created by PMI® Registered Education Providers.
- Access Duration – Some courses offer life time access while others offer a little as 30 days. Take a hard look at your work/life schedule, current preparation time, and existing knowledge base before deciding on a shorter term course.
- Course Format – This is important depending on how you learn. Some people learn well but simply reading and absorbing the material while others need interactive training that actively engages when training. Also, downloadable content is great because you can use it on your tablet or cell phone.
- Study Aids – What supplementary material do they provide? Practice questions, handbooks, podcasts, and/or free webinars that can provide additional material and learning.
- Practice Exams – Practice exams are crucial to your preparation for the PMP® exam. The practice exams will help you succeed when you take the real PMP® exam and help you identify gaps in your knowledge.